Friday, April 15, 2011

Eric

For those of you who haven't heard, our little guy is back in the hospital. (sigh) Yesterday I took him back to the pediatrician because I thought he was getting a sinus infection (on top of everything else) cause if he coughed he would just hold his head and cry. So we ventured in planning on some antibiotcis (cause he really is a million times better then when they sent us home last week) Well we walk in and they chat with us for a second look at Eric and call in another Dr. They started chatting with each other and throwing out Primarys, Cardiology, diseases all sorts of scary words and send us back up to the hospital. At this point I am so confused... sure he still has a fever but his lips look a hundred time better, he's hardly coughing. I get to the hospital and was kindly greeted with "whats wrong with his mouth" (really nurse lady think about it a mom walks in with her sickly child and thats the first word you want to say to her.) They tried to ask me why I was there and I told her I had no idead except they said I had too. Well here we are 24 hours later and we've had drew blood, taken urine samples, done an Echocardiogram, been seen by dermatology and optomology and they're talking about infectious disease. Seriously I am dumbfounded because he is a thousand times better then last time and all they did was stick a qtip up his nose. (and they repeated that test this time too) I am grateful they are more interested this time but honestly I'm so confused. So here is where we are at... he has had a fever for 18 days (apparently this is never normal/ok) so that combined with his lips (which kind of just look like raw hamburger meat at this point) are keeping us here at least through the weekend. They have ruled out Kawaski's disease, but he has tested positive for Adenovirus, but since we tested negative for it last week and his lips got bad before we came to the hospital the first time they can't place the blame on it. They want his lips to be herpies... they are actually treating him for that right now but the first test was negative, because that way the lips are something on there own and doesn't have to be caused by something. His lips look like they are something called Stevens Johnsons Syndrome but that is the only symptom he has except irrated eyes and the fever so they can't call it that just yet. So they are illiminating things one by one and one day we will know whats wrong, but for now we are hospital bound.

3 comments:

Trish-the ad-match Queen said...

Oh my-that all sounds AWFUL!!!! I'm SO sorry Emily! You'll be in my prayers-good luck!

Mom of 12 said...

Oh Em we are so sad for you! I hope he gets better soon. I'd love to take your kids for you and make things easier, but my little ones are sick too. KoriAnne has coxsackie (or however you spell it) and Noah's asthma is raging out of control. He's on breathing treatments and steroids. Not that it sounds like much compared to what you are dealing with. Let us know if there is some other way we can help. Maybe cook dinner again?
Hugs,
Sandy and the clan

De España said...

I'm sorry Chio, that's so scary! I hope it will turn out to be something not too serious and he'll recover quickly!