Friday, February 19, 2010

Our love hate relationship with 2010

We ended 2009 on kind of a low and so we were all pretty excited to start off a new year. Well we have definitally got off on the wrong foot. January 1 everyone got the stomach flu and we didn't finish um cleaning out our systems until January 3. January 4 we found out we are having a baby (We have a baby and didn't have insurance so this was bad) January 5 Eric got his second case of strep January 6 the kids went back to school and we started applying for insurance. January kind of died off on adding new drama but I was still having a rough time dealing. Then we were having a fun February. With mine and Erics birthday we of course celebrated at Red Robbins and it was fabulous and then that friday Brandon and I got to have a fun Valentines date and we woke to a busy Saturday full of birthday parties and baby showers to find our house was crying (literally) the walls had condinsation dripping down all of them the ceiling was leaking from the vents and we started to have a heart attack. With the help of some fabulous friends we found the source (our hot water pipe had broke on our water heater and was spraying everywhere which got in to the vents and brought it to the attic where it made our house cry cause of the hot/coldness) Our home warrenty fixed the water heater and we have had our fantastic friends helping us fix the ceilings and mechanical room. Goodness it's been a week. I have decided that we are just trying to get the bumps out of the way so we can have some smooth sailing from here on out. School is going fabulous. I love it, all though I need to study harder in biology. I am super excited and hope that everything stays on track. Berkelee and Andrew are both doing fabulously in school and Erics ent appointment went well nothing looks good but it looked good enought to wait until 18 months and reevaluate cause no one wants to do surgery on a one year old if the can avoid it. And most likely if they do they will do a clean sweap (tubes in his ear, and remove his tonsils and adnoids) So I hope he can start feeling better or at least feel good enough to get through the next 6 months.

9 comments:

Nancy said...

Wow! That sounds so crazy, Em! So sorry to hear about all of it, but hopefully things will start going better. :)

What are you going into school-wise?

Jenelle said...

Em! Congrats on the new baby! How exciting! What is your due date? Sorry things have been so crazy, especially with the house- ugh! Good luck and I hope March turns out to be smooth-sailing!

The Bakers said...

I am going into nursing so I am excited. And I am due August 20 (another sore spot for me summer semester ends August 5 and fall starts August 25 oh and Berkelees birthday is in September and Andrew is October, good times)

Mary-Anne said...

You are having another baby?! That is wonderful news!!!! You are so lucky.

The Steeds said...

Congratulations on the little on the way! I am so sorry to hear about the rest-- I hope that 2010 starts to be nice to you and your family because you deserve it.

Bloomfields said...

Wow Em I think you need a break! House drama is never fun and neither is being sick! Congrats on the baby tho! Good luck and if you need help with anything please let us know!

Myrna said...

Emily, you have had a busy year so far! You are a trooper who keeps on going!

Linds said...

That's awesome that you are loving school... that's a good thing to get that education. And a new baby on the way!?? wow... I know it may seem quite overwhelming, but the Lord truly does have a plan in all things!! I'm prayin for ya!

Sass said...

Holy Cow! I knew about a couple of those things, but that really is starting the year off on the wrong foot! Did you guys end us getting insurance? When our 2nd child was born...we had no insurance. It was not as horrible as I thought it was going to be. Granted I had no complications with my pregnancy or delivery. I just talked to my Dr and we cut out a lot of procedures & blood work to make it cheaper.