Monday, October 3, 2011

8 years

I remember the day we got "the" phone call like it was yesterday.  We had been married for 5 weeks and 6 days when we came home from watching the Superbowl with Brandon's family and Brandon had left his phone at home.  As he listened to his messages he started crying (We've been married 7 year this December and I have only seen him cry twice so it was a big deal) Once he hung up the phone he started explaining to me how Andrew needed to come live with us now and the whole story that went with it.  After making some phone calls thankfully everything fell into place and Brandon was on a plane the next day.  He was gone a total of 3 days and on my 21 birthday I went to pick up my family from the airport.  Andrew took a day or two to warm up to his new home and we have had a few bumpy patches but I am so grateful for everything that fell into place so perfectly.  (side note Brandon and I had been originally planning to get married that May and we just had a talk one day and knew that waiting was not an option after lots of prayers on my part-and I'm sure Brandon's- we decided to move up the wedding, and being married ended up being a HUGE factor of us getting custody. Just one of the pieces that fell perfectly into place) We are so grateful for our Andrew.  He is funny, smart, and just a great kid.  Happy Birthday Andrew we love you!!!

2 comments:

Mom of 12 said...

Happy birthday, Andrew!
Sandy and Nephi

KColton said...

Such a sweet story, thanks for sharing!