Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Happy Birthday to me











I might be exaggerating, I tend to do that, but my birthday kind of has never been a huge deal. There are a few here and there that really stand out, my 16th birthday was fun… my mom let me miss the beginning of school to get my license and then drive to school and my boyfriend (yup I was bad and had a boyfriend before I was 16 but we didn’t go on dates-that was really how I justified my “boyfriends”-yup there was more then one) came over and it was fun. Or my 21st birthday Chrissy got married and I got to be her maid of honor and as soon as the wedding was over I got to go get Brandon and Andrew from the airport to become an instant mom. Or my 25th birthday when Eric was born but I am needy and always want things to be about me so when it happens I love it. Well the fabulousity that is my husband went above and beyond and pretty much trumpt ever birthday I’ve ever had. Every year for as long as I can remember Red Robins is were my birthday celebrating goes down. So this year keeping with tradition we headed out to Red Robins. Brandon had called me when he was leaving work and said his mom offered to watch the kids so we could go hang out afterwards so we would have to go to a different one, which was a bummer cause he had even made reservations for 630-which was silly cause Andrew didn’t get out of karate until 630. So he came home loaded up the kids, went to grab Andrew-early I might add- and off we headed to Red Robins. We got there and he seemed bugged that we were late but it seems to be how we roll especially when you think we will be there when Andrew was getting out of karate but we got up to the desk were you check in and he kept walking. Be the overly nice person that I am I started kindly, by yelling, that you have to wait to be seated but he just kept walking and when we turned the corner there was a room full of some of my very favorite people. I guess a few weeks earlier Brandon had highjacked my phone and anyone I had called or text in the last week or so he called and asked them to come surprise me for my birthday. It was amazing, I felt so loved and I am so grateful all those people who love me. Oh and thank you husband for making it the best birthday ever!!!

1 comment:

Emmalee said...

How fun! And so awesome of Brandon. Don't you love it when a your husband pulls off a surprise?