Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Our Long Week

If you are my friend on facebook, you have some idea how eventful this week has been at the Baker house. I just thought I would write it down for those who didn't catch it. Two weeks ago (tomorrow) I had a friend tell me about alumni guard. If we weren't friends in high school I did color guard (the flags, guns and sword in parades and at football games) it was a big part of my life and I adored it so I jumped at the chance to do it again. I went to the practice thursday and aside from being a bit overwhelmed (it has been 9 years since I touched my equipment) I loved it. So the next tuesday (a week ago, yesterday) was our next practicing and as I was standing there watching the coreography trying to pick up the steps I rolled my foot. I was instantly in a world of pain... the whole world sounded like it had suddenly been transported under water and I wanted to throw up. Now knowing myself I thought I would feel better in no time (I'm kind of a pansy) but after trying to walk it off I called Brandon to come get me and take me to the dr. Now Brandon knowing me pretty well is well aware of my pansy status and said I should go to bed and see if I felt better in the morning so come morning time I was still in a lot of pain so he dropped me off at the instacare and took the kids to school. Well much to my suprise the bone bellow my pinky toe (my 5th metatarsal) had twisted and snaped. I totally broke my foot standing still, I'm that cool. So Brandon called his mom to come help out for the rest of the week and went to his 10am appointment. (it was 9:40 at this point) By the time Grandma got there it was pretty obvious that Eric wasn't ok so we put him to bed and just hoped he could sleep it off. Well an hour later he woke up in tears and I knew we were in for another Doctor trip. So we loaded everyone in the car (Grandma can't drive) and headed to the office. They said he had an ear infection and RSV. He's oxygen were about 89 and they sent us home with a nebulizer and antibotics and we were to give him breathing treatments 3 times a day. There were moments were he seemed better and moments where we were packing or stuff to head to the er. Finally monday morning Brandon took him back to back into the Doctor and at this point his oxygen was down to 85 and so they put him on oxygen in the office then gave him a heavy duty breathing treatment and nothing seemed to help so lucikily Brandon had taken him and was able to talk them out of calling the abulance and he came and got us, dropped off the girls at Grandmas and we headed up to Primarys. We spent some quality time there (we got there about 12:30 Monday afternoon and came home last night at about 9:20) but he seems to be breathing a ton better. After a lot of test they told us he has bronchiolitas (sp)another type of respitory virus. He seems to be feeling better and I'm so grateful to be home. He also developed blisters on his lips and in his mouth and throat from his immune system being stressed out so it will be a few days before we are up and running (well I get my foot re-xrayed April 21 to see how its healing so maybe not running) but at least me are home and healing in comfort. We are so grateful for our friends and family who have helped us so much, and our fabulous daddy who cancelled appointments and took on everything by himself, and still made time to come visit us. We are so lucky, and blessed. That being said if you've ever thought of needing an attorney or have any friends who might need wills, trusts, bankruptcy or divorce get a free consult with Brandon cause I might end up back in the hospital from a heart attack when we get the bills from all our special attention :)

1 comment:

Nielsen Familia said...

I'm sorry Chio! I'm so glad you are all starting to get better though!